Thursday, December 10, 2009

adventures

over the past few months, my converse have been on an adventure. i have had them for a while, but the real adventure started on july 22nd. i've had the shoes for a while, but the real adventure began then. july 22nd was the day i went to my first "real" concert. i've seen live bands at a few parties and fairs and what not, but at 20, i was lagging in concert attendance. that first concert was eric hutchinson. it was an incredible show. a night that i'll remember forever, i lived off the energy from that show for months, and my converse were right there with me. flash-forward to september. september was a big month for my trusty sneaks. in september, i bought my first car, and they were on my feet of course. also in september, i took my first plane ride ever to denver to finally meet danielle in person. still, on my feet through my first airport security experience, on the plane, and finally on the ground in denver were my converse. i wore my converse the whole weekend, they got to experience my first jason mraz concert, at red rocks amphitheater no less. on the last day of the trip it rained, and they were left outside on the hotel patio. the next morning on the drive through the lovely colorado mountains and snow, they were left at the hotel, much to their disappointment. october was another pretty big month for my converse. they got to experience two jason mraz shows, one at hollywood bowl, and the other at cricket wireless amphitheater. they also got to experience san diego for the first time. november was another pretty big month for my shoes. i turned 21, and although i didn't get drunk, (i honestly don't see the point in such things) it was a big day for me, and my converse were on my feet. most recently, on december 1, my converse got to experience a 4 hour drive to see eric open for kelly up in fresno. with stops along the way at a cheese factory gift shop among others.

all the memories of my converse were not good ones. through the end of july beginning of september, i acquired my certified nursing assistant certificate. part of the uniform for the class was white tennis shoes, and i couldn't think of any other shoe to wear other than my converse. throughout taking care of residents at the the healthcare center, my shoes have been urinated on and trekked through god knows what. i washed them and left them to dry in the sun, so they're completely sanitary now. i promise. they also became the object of my procrastination. there are now eric hutchinson lyrics written on them. listening to e.hutch while trying to do algebra homework is not the best. but now they sport lyrics from breakdown more, rock and roll, western charms, call me back, all over now, and subtitles. all in my horrible penmanship.

most girls have twenty or thirty pairs of shoes, but for this girl, there's only one.

1 comment:

  1. do you remember that episode of doug when he wants to get the cool new shoes and then feels guilty for betraying his old, trusty shoes?
    that's what this reminded me of. :]
    nice blog!

    ReplyDelete